Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Not Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

This is not my regular posting day, however Kath is having a hard time loading her post, so I'm here to pass along a message from her: AUUUUUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! (A plethora of 4-letter words were edited out for the benefit of the weak hearted.) The problem, it seems, is pictures; anyone else using Bugger having problems loading pics?

Anywhoo, since I'm here, let me tell you something that keeps slipping my mind: Mark Haddon, author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, will have a new book on the shelves in September. Called A Spot of Bother, the book has been described as a "hilarious and disturbing portrait of a dignified man trying to go insane politely." Sounds like Haddon's as unboxed as ever.

A few more disjointed nuggets after the jump...

First, a quote from Robert F. Kennedy, who was assasinated on this day in 1968.
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?
Great advice for any unboxed storyteller.

Finally, I got a huge kick out of Wordsmith's word of the day: honorificabilitudinity. This particular noun means "honorableness" and is apparently the longest word Shakespeare ever used. Why, I ask you, didn't he just say honorableness? Being unboxed shouldn't mean latching on to baroque language just for the sake of impressive syllablociteage. Though it is fun to invent new words.

Write on, all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home