Monday, June 26, 2006

Click Here! Bathing in End-of-Tunnel Light Edition

After eight billion-and-a-half years of working toward my master's degree in psychology, today I am turning in my thesis paper. Since my paper is on memory for certain kinds of imagery (interactive imagery in advertising, if you're burning of curiosity - snort), I thought it fitting that today's Click Here be all about good stuff for the peepers. So without further ado, here ya go:

Explore over 100,000 works of art at the Art Encyclopedia site. Allows you to search by artist, title of work and museum. Results include high-quality image archives. This is perfect for rounding out a story, including the description of a work of art in detail, or simply for taking an “art break” and soaking up expressive visuals before getting back to pounding keys. (Love it? Want more? Check out the ArtLex Art Dictionary.)

Like photos? There’s an enormous 120,000+ archive at Every Stock Photo. Not enough for you? They’re adding to the archives at a rate of about 20,000 new photos weekly, so check back anytime.

I think this site is really fascinating; maybe it’ll inspire someone else out there, too. Watch Ilana Yahav create and recreate some amazing sand art in this set of videos.

Having trouble visualizing a fictional locale? Maybe you'll hit on some inspiration during a visit to Visual Collections, an inspiring sensory treat. Be sure to check out the architectural link. After all, you know what they say about a picture’s worth…

You'll find some great articles at Visions: A Resource for Writers. Check out this issue's workshop, Painting with Words by Lazette Gifford, for an in-depth look at the use of color in your fiction work.

How about a challenge? Choose one of these great pics and use it to inspire a short story. You're welcome to post the end results here at WU.

Okay, I'm off to nip-and-tuck this paper and then SEND
IT
IN!

Squeee!

Write on, everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Therese Walsh said...

Thanks, Thea! It's in the hands of my committee now, so I'm hoping they won't require a slew of rewrites.

I hate waiting.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Therese Walsh said...

Thanks, Eric! They already sent back my revision list, and it's not so bad...I can hardly believe this is finally going to be finished. :)

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home